If you have Apple’s new Apple device like iPhone and tired of the mysterious caller who brings the nightmare to your life, you can block the unknown numbers. You can use caller block to deal with spam callers or even telemarketers who call you almost all the time. There are some ways on how to block unknown numbers on iPhone 12. Below, we provide you the complete information.
Simple guide to block unknown numbers on iPhone 12
There are a lot of method to block unknown number, if you want to apply to your device, here is.
The quick method
- Block any phone number to your device by opening Settings.
- Then tap your phone.
- Choose Blocked.
- Note: Before doing this step, you must create a contact for the caller if you want to block the call.
Do not disturb mode
- You must turn on your smartphone and go to Settings.
- Choose “Do Not Disturb” and change the toggle to ON.
This feature allows only calls that you want from your contact list. If the caller is not in your contact list, the call is blocked.
Copy the number
- For this method, you must do some steps as below:
- You must turn on your smartphone and go to the Phone app.
- Go to the Recent Calls.
- If you find the unknown caller number and you want to block it, copy the number first.
- Go to the contact.
- Choose on the + sign. In this step, you will create a new contact for the unknown number you want to block.
- Paste the “unknown number” in the provided field. Set any name so you can block the number.
- Tap Done.
- Anytime the caller calls you; you have an option to block the number.
Use Silence Unknown Callers
With iOS 13 and later, you can turn on Silence Unknown Callers to avoid getting calls from people you don’t know. This blocks phone numbers that you’ve never been in contact with and don’t have saved in your contacts list. If you’ve previously texted with someone using their phone number or if a person has shared their phone number with you in an email, a phone call from that number will go through.
To turn on Silence Unknown Callers, go to Settings > Phone, then scroll down, tap Silence Unknown Callers, and turn on the feature. Calls from unknown numbers are silenced and sent to your voicemail, and appear in your recent calls list.
Incoming calls will come through from people that are saved in your contacts list, recent calls list, and from Siri Suggestions to let you know who’s calling based on phone numbers included in your emails or text messages.
Use blocked caller List
The next option you can do on to block the numbers on your iPhone is using the blocked caller list by following the steps below:
- Copy the unknown number and paste the number in the blocked caller list on your device.
In this method, you do not have to enter any number. Anytime your phone has “unknown number” caller; the phone will block the call.
Use an apps to block unknown numbers on your iPhone 12
Some useful apps can help you to answer the best way to block unknown numbers on your iPhone. Trapcall is an app from Apple App Store that can block any callers with no ID.
Those are some methods you can use to block unknown numbers from your iPhone 12.